All about employment
The employment hub provides information, advice, and support to promote positive employment relationships between employers and employees in Mana Whaikaha, the MidCentral prototype. Through the employment hub, you can access:
- information (including your legal rights and obligations as an employer and employee, best practice for employers, and useful templates)
- an orientation to the MidCentral prototype for potential employers and employees
- employment advice for employers and employees
- access to training for care and support workers and to be an employer
- access to unions
- dispute resolution processes for employers and employees.
If you have any questions about employment or any of the above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0800 626 255 (0800 MANA55).
If you are thinking about employing and/or contracting people in Mana Whaikaha, you will find the following employment guides useful.
They were developed with help from Enabling Good Lives Waikato.
- The Guide to Employing Staff gives you information on what you will need to do if you employ or contract people in MidCentral.
Download the EGL Waikato Employment Guide (PDF, 396 KB, 22 pages)
- The Guide to payment, KiwiSaver and other IRD related matter give you information on what you will need to do if you employ people in MidCentral.
Download the Guide to payment, KiwiSaver, and other IRD related matters. (PDF, 294 KB, 10 pages)
If you need any more information on employment or contracting in MidCentral, you can contact the Mana Whaikaha team and we can arrange for someone to assist you.
Legal obligations as an employer
If you choose to employ people in Mana Whaikaha you need to be aware that you have legal obligations as an employer.
The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) has useful information on your legal obligations as an employer:
Forms and templates to assist you
We have developed some forms and templates which may assist you if you choose to employ or contract staff in MidCentral.
- Job description template (developed with help from Enabling Good Lives Waikato)
- Offer of employment (developed with help from Enabling Good Lives Waikato)
Access to unions
If you would like to ask for advice or contact the unions, the following can help:
PSA Organising Centre:
phone 0508 367 772
phone 0800 186 466
They will be able to deal with your questions.