Capability Building Fund
What is this fund for?
The fund is to build the skills and capability of groups of disabled people, families, whānau and aiga living in MidCentral.
The fund promotes the Enabling Good Lives approach.
Who can apply?
You can apply if you are a group of disabled people or a group of families with disabled family members.
What you plan to do needs to benefit a group of disabled people or families, whānau or aiga living in MidCentral.
What can be funded?
Any activity that increases the skills and capabilities of a group of disabled people, families, whānau or aiga can be funded.
Some examples of things that could be funded
- Group of families coming together for workshops and wānanga to share ideas and plan for their disabled teenagers’ future.
- Project to develop marae-based supports for disabled whānau, hapū and iwi members.
- Project linking young disabled school leavers with mentors and buddies to assist them to make community connections and join activities.
- What makes a good support service – seminar and resources on what to look for when choosing a disability support service.
- Managing your individual funding and being an employer – series of workshops for disabled people and families.
Who decides which groups get funding?
A funding panel from the MidCentral Regional Leadership Group decides who gets funding. This panel is made up of disabled people and family members.
How soon will I know if my application has been successful?
You will know within 1 to 4 weeks if you have been successful.
How do I apply?
You can apply in a way that best suits you. You may choose to apply by video, email or by a face to face presentation.
- You can also use this application form (DOCX, 25 KB, 5 pages) (includes embedded NZSL translation videos)
- Send it to email@example.com
- A good way to start is to contact the Fund Advisor to discuss your application.
Need more information or help?
Contact Mana Whaikaha on 0800 626 255.