Dyslexic font:

Am I eligible?

To be able to use Mana Whaikaha you will:

  1. live in the MidCentral DHB region, which includes these districts:
    Click on the map to make it bigger

    Map of the MidCentral District Health Board region

    • Palmerston North

    • Horowhenua

    • Manawatu

    • Ōtaki

    • Tararua.

  2. have a disability:

    • which is physical, intellectual, sensory or ASD, or a combination of these

    • that is likely to continue for at least 6 months

    • that limits your ability to function independently, to the extent ongoing support is required.

  3. be under 65 years old, in most cases.
  4. be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident.

You can read more about Disability Support Services on the Ministry of Health website.

Am I eligible for Ministry-funded support services? (external website)

In addition, all children and young people in MidCentral with developmental delay are eligible for intensive early intervention support. It is recognised that early access to support can have a significant positive impact on future outcomes for disabled children.

If you have psychiatric or age-related support needs, your local DHB can help.

If you are looking for disability support or information on disability support, you can call us on 0800 626 255 or email info@manawhaikaha.co.nz.

Get started

If you want to get started, let's move on to how it works.

Find out how it works.