Am I eligible for disability funding from Mana Whaikaha?
Disabled people and whānau who are eligible, can access disability support funding through Mana Whaikaha.
To be eligible you need to:
1. Live in the MidCentral DHB region, which includes these districts:
- Palmerston North
Click on image to make larger
2. Have a disability:
- which is physical, intellectual, sensory or ASD, or a combination of these
- that is likely to continue for at least 6 months
- that limits your ability to function independently, to the extent ongoing support is required.
3. be under 65 years old, in most cases.
4. be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident.
In addition, all children and young people in MidCentral with developmental delay are eligible for intensive early intervention support. It is recognised that early access to support can have a significant positive impact on future outcomes for disabled children.
If you have any questions, please call us on 0800 626 255 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about Ministry of Health funded disability support services eligibility:
For any mental well-being or age-related support needs, please contact the local DHB: